Cisco Small Business Unified Communications 300 Series
Affordable Unified Communications for Small Business
Small businesses no longer need to compromise on voice quality or features for unified communications. With a Cisco® Small Business solution, they can have the quality, peace of mind, and investment protection of a business-class solution at an affordable price.
For small businesses with up to 24 phones per location, the Cisco Small Business Unified Communications 300 Series, model 320W, is a complete unified communications system that delivers more-integrated voice and data plus additional features designed and built just for small business. As a part of the Cisco Small Business product family, this easy-to-use solution delivers advanced features to better connect employees and serve customers, all on a highly secure Cisco network.
The Cisco Unified Communications 320W (Figure 1) includes:
• Support for up to 24 phones
• Voicemail and automated attendant
• Voicemail to email notification
• Integrated 802.11n wireless access point for voice and data, so that employees can connect to the network while away from their desks
• IP-based telephony supporting the Cisco SPA300 and SPA500 Series IP Phones
• Interoperability with up to 12 public switched telephone network (PSTN) analog lines (FXO)
• Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) trunking support with an industry-leading voice SIP stack to deliver clear, high-quality voice services
• 4-port Gigabit Ethernet (1000 Mbps) switch with VLAN support, to connect devices or expand
• Gigabit Ethernet WAN port that can be designated as the network edge
• Simple-to-use web-based configuration utility for easy deployment
Figure 1. Cisco Unified Communications 320W
Features and Benefits
The Cisco Unified Communications 320W provides an easy-to-use solution for your small business network.
• Low cost: Value-based IP telephony design helps save small businesses money. Customers can choose Cisco SPA300 or SPA500 IP phones or use analog phones for locations where Ethernet cabling is not available.
• SIP trunking: Use of SIP trunks helps reduce monthly charges by providing an alternative to traditional phone lines.
• Compact size: Designed for small office spaces, the Cisco Unified Communications 320W can be installed as a desktop unit or mounted on a wall.
• Comprehensive feature set: Innovative key system and small private branch exchange (PBX) capabilities are available with easy-to-use Cisco SPA300 and SPA500 Series IP Phones, helping improve productivity.
• Easy installation and changes: Web-based configuration utility uses a setup wizard for quick deployment and easy changes.
• Investment protection: Businesses that are growing rapidly can use most components of the solution with other Cisco Unified Communications solutions, providing industry-leading investment protection.
• Peace of mind: Cisco Unified Communications solutions deliver the solid reliability you expect from Cisco. All solution components have been rigorously tested to help ensure easy setup, interoperability, and performance.
Voice Hardware and Software Capabilities
The Cisco Unified Communications 320W is an IP-based SIP solution that can be deployed in new locations or can replace aging voice solutions with up to 24 phones. Each small business is unique, and a telephony solution has to be able to handle different deployment types to match the business's requirements. The Cisco Unified Communications 320W offers small business customers a wide range of phone types and deployment modes to meet their needs.
The Cisco SPA300 and SPA500 Series IP Phones with intelligent soft keys provide users with easy access to powerful calling features normally found in much more expensive solutions.
Table 1 provides key product capabilities for the Cisco Unified Communications 320W.
See the Cisco Unified Communications 300 Series Feature Description Guide for complete list of features and specifications.
Support for up to 24 phones (maximum 9 analog phones/fax lines)
Licensed for 24 users
4 built-in PSTN line (FXO) ports. Can be used with up to 2 Cisco SPA8800 IP Telephony Gateways, for a maximum of 12 FXO trunks
ISDN Basic Rate Interface (BRI) via Mediatrix® 4400 Series Digital Gateways
SIP trunks: Maximum of 12 active trunk calls (line and SIP)
1 analog phone or fax (FXS) with lifeline (FXS-FXO failover). Can be used with up to 2 Cisco SPA8800 IP Telephony Gateways for up to 8 additional analog phone ports
Includes voicemail and automated attendant, including voicemail to email notification
Can be deployed in a PBX or key telephone system with shared lines
Dedicated music on hold and external paging ports
Works with Cisco SPA300 and SPA500 Series IP Phones using SIP
4 10/100/1000 Mbps LAN ports (no Power over Ethernet)
Ability to easily connect Cisco ESW 500 Series or 300 Series Managed Switches for expansion
Built-in Wireless-B/G/N access point with 2 Service Set Identifiers (SSIDs)
1 10/100/1000 Mbps WAN Ethernet port
2 expansion USB ports (future use)